The Theme for our semester long blog is "Spirits" the drinking type.

Welcome to our blog. In this semester long blog we will share our opinions on how "Spirits" (Beer, Alcohol) have evolved thru the past, present and future, including views on the impact on Society, a Cultural view, and the Scientific perspective. We hope that you will enjoy our blog.

Friday, February 25, 2011

Popular Drink of the 1960's

The Blue Hawaiian

Blue Hawaiian



The 1960's were a time of cocktails and celebrations! The Blue Hawaiian was a popular alcoholic beverage of the swinging sixties!


1 oz blue curaƧao

1 oz light rum

1 oz cream of coconut

2 oz pineapple juice

1 cherry

1 slice of pineapple

1 cup of ice



INSTRUCTIONS


Put all ingredients into blender. Blend. Pour into highball glass. Add a cherry and pineapple to garnish.


Cheers!!




"Mad Men". 23. Feb. 2011




6 comments:

  1. I'm not a person that drink alcohol a lot, but this drink does sound really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SW, I grew up in the sixties -my parents and their families and friends always had some kind of drink in their hands during social gatherings. To this day, whenever I hear the sound of ice clinking inside a glass I am transported to my childhood and those crazy parties. Thanks for the memory!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a pretty awesome drink! This makes me want to go to Hawaii tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess the drink looks kind of sixties like. Maybe if it was in a bar with sixties decor. I love how you have the recipe for a drink on your blog. That's pretty funny. I don't drink, but thanks anyway. Maybe I'll share it with other people and sound like I actually know something about drinks, because I don't know much of anything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even though this is a big drink from the 1960's, I still see all kinds of drinks like this today. This looks more like a girly drink to me. Its funny to me to see guys drink these kinds of drinks because I usually associate guys with beer drinking. If I ever go to Hawaii some day, I will keep an eye out for this drink.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I personally haven't had a single drop of alcohol yet, but this drink does look interesting. Hawaii seems like a nice place to go for a vacation, maybe if I ever go there I might try some of the alcholic drinks, maybe even this one.

    ReplyDelete